Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Love sucks! by Melissa Francis


Pages:  285
Publishers:  HarperCollins
Published:  July 27, 2010

AJ Ashe may have gotten rid of her vampire stalker and her evil ex-teacher, but things are hardly back to normal. For one thing, she still has to maintain a strict look-but-don't-touch policy with Ryan, her hot ex-boyfriend-turned-stepbrother. For another, she has to learn to control her vampire superpowers—which means more than a few dates with Lex, mind-reading professional vampire trainer and too-sexy-for-his-own-good bad boy. And as if that's not enough, she happens to be the key to her father's plans to take over the world . . . and he'll stop at nothing to get what he wants.
All this and she's still got to plan the prom. Being a teenager is tough, but being a teenage vampire just flat out sucks!

Review:

This book begins a few months after the events of Bite me!  And I may just say I agree with the book title.  Love does suck!  In this book, AJ’s long lost daddy comes a’ knocking.  If he was my father, I would have sucked him dry.  He had no business coming back to them.  Loser!

AJ is betrayed by someone close to her, her mother is half-dead, and her stepbrother is jealous of her new “boyfriend.”  And some people think that they have it bad.  Then there are the ruins to find, while trying to keep them away from a bad breath demon.  Then you’ll find out more about vampires who are destined to become trainers based on their eyes.  I’d understand a birthmark or something, but eyes?!  It just seems so cliché.

I think that this book is even better than Bite me!, and has even more surprising ending.  I wish that she’d write a third book, but I guess this is the end.  I give it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iron Fey